a Dance School different from the rest
As the name suggests we are a fusion of styles for all children to achieve and have fun with. We cover ballet, tap, modern, street, musical theatre and freestyle dance. On Saturdays we cover 3 styles in each and every lesson which makes the class varied and therefore ensures the children enjoy it. The classes are structured into segments devoted to the subjects.
Examinations will be taken in these subjects with the IDTA which helps the children see their progression. These will always be notified in advance and it is important for everyone to make these sessions.
We also hold shows every 18 months at the Towngate Theatre for that full performer’s experience.
We accept children from 3 years old but you are never too old to learn!
WEEKS 1 TO 4 – TRIAL RUN
For this period we ask that you come dressed with t-shirts, leggings or jogging trousers. If you have long hair this must be worn up in a bun.
WEEKS 4 TO 8 – JUST JOINED
After paying your membership we give you the opportunity to get the uniform in stages.
Firstly the shoes are the most important both tap and ballet shoes. If you then can get the leotards and skirts for the girls and for boys the correct shorts or trousers this enables the children to move better and feel the movement.
WEEK 9 TO 12 – COMPLETE MEMBER
Ideally in this period the rest of the complete uniform is to be brought and used at every class.
FULL UNIFORM IS SOLD AT FUSION AS WELL AS DETAILS CAN BE GIVEN WE SUGGEST BALLET SHOES ARE PURCHASED FIRST AND THEN ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE 4 WEEK INITIAL TRIAL THEN UNIFORM IS BROUGH TO ENSURE YOU KNOW YOUR CHILD IS HAPPY.
1. Pupils to be respectful of all Staff at all times.
2. Hair it to be worn off the face in a bun. No jewellery or watches to be worn.
3. Dance uniform is to be worn after 4 week trial period.
4. The trial period is 4 weeks where payment is made at the beginning of the class. From then onwards the fees for lessons are payable in advance for the month. If they are late by over 7 days a £10 admin charge will be added. All fees are to be given in named envelopes with the correct money inside. Cheques are to be made payable to Fusion with the cheque guarantee number written clearly on the back as well as the name of the pupil. Failure to comply with these payment terms without a valid reason, may lead to a request that the child be withdrawn from the classes, in which case all outstanding fees will become immediately payable.
5. After the trial period a minimum of one months’ notice in writing to the Principle is required if a child is going to be withdrawn from the School altogether. Failure to give the School the required written notice will result in a liability for two month’s fees.
6. A annual joining fee to be a member of Fusion is £21 joining fee which covers insurance and you will be given a school t-shirt. This is payable after your first 4 weeks and there after the amount payable is £12.95 per year payable 1st March each year.
7. Fusion cannot accept responsibility for the security of nor the collection of a child’s personal belongings whilst on the premises used by the School. Every effort is made to ensure that children do not leave personal belongings behind, but without any liability attaching to the School or its Staff for any loss or damage occurring.
8. Missed classes are still chargeable.
9. When completing the registration form every item must be completed and if anything changes you must advise us in writing.
10. Parents are able to stay in the waiting room but are not allowed in the classes whilst the lessons are in progress. If you need to make the Teacher aware of anything please put this is writing and hand to the Teacher at the beginning of the class.
11. Uniform is to be worn at all classes as from the trial period. Details are attached. For the Trial period t-shirts and either leggings or jogging bottoms are to be worn. All long hair is to be worn in a bun at all times. All uniform is to be named clearly and to be brought to class in a named bag.
12. Snacks are not allowed in classes but water in a named bottle is suggested.
13. All members of Fusion will be photographed/videoed and by agree to these terms you agree that this can be used for promotional work.
14.Examinations at the Scout Hall see term times and dates for more information. The next show is booked for Saturday 10th March 2018.
15.All parents allow the use of photographs and videoing of their children.